PLU – Louvered Up Swing
The removable PLU model is the most recognized model used to access vertical stack heat pump and fan & coil units. Though the access door hinges, it can be removed in a nearly upright position. This model is recommended for all return access panel applications that have a tight space requirement on the wall opening and in the area facing the panel such as in a small corridor. Acoustical lining on the access door and a sound baffle few inches behind the louvers absorb internal noise and attenuate its transmission to the living area. It can be removed in order to access the filter and for retrieval of the unit’s compressor chassis for maintenance. The louvered return air opening at the bottom of the door is at a standard 10” height, but can be ordered to size allowing the designer to adjust the free area to the capacity of heat pump.
- Sturdy welded construction
- Made of galvanized steel 22 ga. default, other gauges (optional)
- Scratch-resistant powder paint, white is standard, other colors (optional)
- Magnetic catches (default)
- Key lock and various quater-turn latches (optional)
- 5/8″ acoustical fiberglass insulation